For most homeowners here in the Philly Area, April is the month to start gardening in earnest. The jobs you do this month will lay the foundation for peak season. So here are a few jobs that you should do now to get started on the right path.
- Apply fertilizer and weed control to lawns.
- Once nighttime temps consistently stay above 55 degrees F, transplant hardy annuals.
- Add a fresh layer of mulch to flower beds.
- Apply compost to soil and planters.
- Plant Summer bloomers (daylilies, daises, coneflower, Russian sage).
- Deadhead early bloomers.
- Prune and fertilize roses.
Doing these simple things this April will prepare you for success this Spring and Summer. If you need help, visit nativedesignslandscaping.com or contact Tom Wolfgang, certified horticulturist, at 610.584.2989. We can help you create, maintain, enjoy, and preserve your outdoor living spaces.
Leave A Comment