November is a beautiful time of the year when leaves are changing colors, but it’s also time to start preparing our landscapes before winter.
Here are several things to consider doing this November
- Remove leaves from your lawn and gardens to prevent dead spots from matted leaves. Removing leaves from your gardens will also discourage damage caused by rodents taking up residence.
- A final cut back of perennials and a mild shape pruning of shrubs.
- After the final watering, remember to disconnect hoses and drain irrigation systems to prevent ice damage.
- There is still time to plant deciduous trees as long as the soil is soft. Most years frost doesn’t preclude us from planting until well into December.
- Anti-desiccant applications to evergreens in high wind areas is very helpful to keep evergreens from drying out and turning brown.
Let Native Designs Landscaping help you prepare for the upcoming winter. We can remove leaves, prep gardens, and plant trees before the ground freezes. Call us for a landscape consultation at 610.613.1243.
And last, but certainly not least, we would like to extend our gratitude to all our clients and wish all a safe and joyous Thanksgiving season!